How we both met
The Wedding Venue
At the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art on the quayside.
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
We wanted to have something which could be tailored to exactly what we wanted. We knew we were having a small group of family and freinds for our ceremony, and we wanted a ceremony that reflrected the intimacy of this and us.
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
We had some ideas about what we both wanted, then Jo took them and made them even better than we could have hoped for!
The best part of the ceremony for us
Ooh we struggled to just pick one thing!
Paul said it was hearing Jo read our love story.
I think it was our own written vows, and putting them into our memory box with the blessing notes written by our guests.
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
Everyone loved it! Our guests said it was so different to anything they had seen or been to before, and so personal.
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
- We have to start with Mark Dilbo, our photographer. We clicked with him straight away, he was laid back, takes beautiful candids, and helped us feel relaxed on the day.
- The Baltic and SIX staff for the venue and catering – they went out of their way to customise our day, creating a bespoke menu, which was fantastic, and they were so excellent on the day itself.
- My stunning flowers from Gordon at The Flowers Station, who was very talented, and took very little guidance but created something that truly felt like me.
- The girls Judith and Laurie at Epernay Bridal, who not only helped me find my dream dress but taught me how to apply my makeup and helped me feel confident and comfortable.
- And then Liam Cheek Hair at Rum Razor Barbershop for ensuring Paul looked his absolute best on the day!
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience!
Personal, Sentimental, Amazing!