How we both met
The Wedding Venue
Our wedding was at the beautiful Wylam Brewery.
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
We wanted to have a personalised wedding that was individual and focused on our story and not the traditional structure.
We wanted to be able to write it together to embody our relationship that showed us as a couple.
We wanted it to be loving but not soppy and bring out the humour and personality of both of us.
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
We had some idea what we wanted but Jo helped us with advice to make it the perfect start to our day. She suggested some unique parts that we never even thought of which we adopted. It turned out better that we could have ever imagined.
The best part of the ceremony for us
It was all amazing!
It was relaxed and fun. The way Jo spoke about us, our story and involved our friends and dachshund, Lola was perfect. We enjoyed the ceremony toast so much, which gave it a relaxed feel.
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
All the guests said that it was perfect. They said they felt the love in the room. It was just ‘US’ and everyone got involved in the ceremony with laughs, cheers, and comments to add to the uniqueness.
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
- Photographer – Red Art Photography (georide_red_77) – Ruth is a friend, and we loved her work. She was our only choice to capture our special day.
- Florist and Decoration – Lucy Blooms (lucyblooms2020) – Lucy is the bride’s cousin and she as looking forward to designing some fantastic dry flower decorations for her big day.
- Cake – Twins that Bake (twins_that_bake) – discovered during lockdown, these cake/sweet treat suppliers have been a staple in the couple’s household. Every birthday celebration always has a baked creation present. When the I asked if they would make her wedding cake they jumped at the chance.
- Dress Eddy K design – English Rose Bridal Boutique (englishrosebridalboutique) – I selected this boutique as it is close to home. Clare was a fantastic lady. From start to finish she cared about every little detail and made me feel so calm when I started to stress about little things. Always at the end of the phone.
- Grooms Suit Jacket – All About the Suit (allaboutthesuitdarlington) – Ange is a family friend, and I knew that she would help steer the groom in the right direction to a green velvet suit jacket.
- Suit Hire – Woven (wovendurham) – The groom researched suit hire and came across Woven. Their website was fantastic, and he knew this was the place for him. He went along to meet Chris and the service that was provided was amazing. Making the groom feel comfortable and allowed times that would suit fittings to work around all the groom’s party. It was a relaxed affair that made the process so easy.
- Light decoration – Coco Luminaire (cocoluminaireprophire) – recommended by the venue. They had a fantastic selection of lights and props that suited our design.
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience!
Unique, Loving Perfect!