How we both met
We met on Tinder! We didn’t get to meet in person until about 2 weeks after we first matched because I was away with work so we got to really get to know each other before we met which was really great! We both actually went to university in the same city at the same time so we like to think our paths crossed earlier in our lives…
The Wedding Venue
The beautiful, rustic Le Petit Chateau in Northumberland
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
We really wanted a unique, personal ceremony that would celebrate us as a couple and would show to all our friends and family how special our relationship is!
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
We wanted something personal, moving and intimate. We always hoped to involve our guests in different ways too.
The best part of the ceremony for us
We loved our handfasting ceremony! It paid tribute to Andrew’s Scottish heritage but was also something really interesting and different for our guests. Plus we get to keep our beautiful handfasting tartans!
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
So many of our guests said that the ceremony was just beautiful! They particularoy loved the handfasting and Jo’s delivery of the ceremony was just perfect. It was a really inclusive, touching ceremony that everyone really enjoyed and so different from any other weddings us or our guests have been to.
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
- Ash-Liv Jamieson Photography – Ashley is super friendly and professional. She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and we are so delighted with the images she captured! They are a wonderful reminder of our perfect day.
- Northumbrian Flowers – Kate is a floral wizard! She is so creative and really understood what I was looking for in my flowers. Her work is flawless!
- Hello There Films – Craig and Charlotte are so talented and we know the film they prepare for us will be treasured forever!
- The Master Cakesmith – Dawn’s cakes are simply wonderful and so tasty. Her Instagram speaks for itself!
- Emma Roy of Edinburgh – My wedding gown was just perfect. The alterations were so carefully done and the seemstresses and sales staff made me feel like a million dollars!
- Andrew Brian Highland Bagpiper – No Scottish wedding is complete without a piper. Andy was the cherry on top of our day!
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience?
Moving, Memorable and Fun