How we both met
We met at university, in the library! Ed was studying Agriculture and I was studying Rural Enterprise and Land Management.
The Wedding Venue
Our wedding was held on the shores of Ullswater in the Lake District.
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
We felt a celebrant wedding would be much more personal to us, and we were right!
We also chose to have a celebrant wedding as we live down in Buckinghamshire so we wanted everyone to be in one place, rather than travelling from the registry office or a church to our wedding reception.
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
We are quite traditional so envisaged a traditional layout with a flower arch in front of the lake. Pretty much exactly how it turned out on the day.
The best part of the ceremony for us
The best part about our ceremony was we could hear people genuinely laughing and really connecting with the moment.
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
So many of our guests said the ceremony was brilliant. One even said it was the best ceremony they’d been to.
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
It’s so hard to just name a few but a huge big mention has to go to:
- Katherine and Chris from Skitby. Our original caterers went out of business and Skitby jumped in last minute and literally saved the day. The food and service were both amazing.
- We are also very grateful to Kathryn White Photography &
- Social 27 Videography for capturing the special moments of wedding, both are lovely lovely ladies and I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again for any photography or videography.
- Cakes by Alison Fawkes made us a spectacular hand painted cake, better than we could ever have dreamed of. It tasted delicious too!
- And a little mention has to go to Keseme Bridal Makeup &
- Lindsey Henry Hair… Everyone looked amazing!
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience!
Unique, Personal & Intimate!