How we both met
We met in a muddy field when attending an outdoor bootcamp. We didn’t really talk until the bootcamp Christmas party when we were both looking very different.
The Wedding Venue
Our wedding was at Wylam Brewery in the very heart of Newcastle. Chosen for its relaxed, and modern atmosphere with great food.
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
Something different, a less formal, more personal and tailored ceremony to us and what is important to us as a couple.
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
We knew we wanted to somehow incorporate us becoming a family with Oscar (Marks son). However had no idea how beautifully this could be done.
The best part of the ceremony for us
We couldn’t pick the best part, it was just all beautiful, a mix of emotion, humour, suprise and celebration. The celebrant wedding looking back, also ment we could have a very small (just 2 witnesses) legal marriage a week before which was really intimate just 4 of us in the room and more special actually than we thought. This took off the pressure for the big event later. The celebrant wedding really was the celebration of us, our commitments and our marriage.
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
The guests said they had never been to a ceremony like it which was so personal and emotional. We got some lovely comments about my vows (bride) to Oscar being a particularly touching part and the sand ceremony, being so unusual and creative.
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
- Duncan McCall Photography- He has real talent in working with dimly lit spaces (with it being December) and created some spectacular dark, cosy, back lit photos, aswell as some stunning rain and sparkler shots that fulfill anyone’s Instagram dreams. Far exceeded any expectations, and Ive only seen snippets of them so far.
- Claire Alexandra hair and makeup (makeup mainly)- chosen as specialist in cruelty free natural bridal makeup. A really talented lovely woman who brought 2 additional make up artists to do all my bridesmaids and mother’s so it was a stress free morning (one artist stayed until we left for touch-ups which was unxpected but needed after our breakfasts). Everyone looked beautiful, and she excentuated everyones natural beauty and no one was overly made up, just at their best.
- Lucy Young Cakes- The cake perfectionist. Chosen as her cakes are stunning in every aspect. Taste is equally as delicious as they are beautiful to look at. We chose coconut and lime, raspberry and white chocolate, and chocolate fudge layers. The wedding cake was utterly stunning and each cake type divine and eaten over several days afterwards.
- Katherine’s Florists – Wedding flowers and table centrepieces. These were the florist my mother used for her wedding flowers and long standing reliable company. Chosen as having used them for several years myself I knew how beautiful their flowers always are.
- Bridal Wish wedding boutique- Chose my wedding dress from here (pronovias) took one look at it and knew it was ‘the one’. A wonderful service and seamstress worked tirelessly over the very difficult dress to get it prefect for me.
- Victoria Percivals- Wedding accessories ‘Elodie rose gold crown’. This was a wedding splurge I got in the sale but it was beautiful and was the start of me incorporating rose gold into my wedding.
- Norma & Dorothy- wedding stationary, wedding welcome sign, sip and save sign. Chosen as I loved the winter wedding design and they made me beautiful bespoke designs.
- Faye Scarth hair- my hairdresser (bridesmaids, bride hair). Chosen as she is just a fab hairdresser and like a friend, so lovely to have her there on the morning.
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience?
Warm, Inclusive, Memorable