How we both met
Tom and I met in an interview room in 2016. Tom was a manager at the time and interviewed me for a role as a Recruitment Consultant (I got the job, obvs!)
The Wedding Venue
Our wedding was at the family farm in Durham.
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
We really wanted to get married at the farm and we also really wanted our ceremony to be something personal, interactive and something people would remember.
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
To be honest, not really! Jo was great and had so many brilliant ideas – not long into our first meeting Jo had got to the bottom of what was important to us both and put everything together for us, it was fab!
The best part of the ceremony for us
We really wanted to involve our guests in the ceremony and Jo came up with the idea that we ask specific guests to come forward and say a few words about us as a couple. This was definitely a highlight for us and also our guests enjoyed seeing something a bit different and hearing what others had to say. That said, the whole ceremony was fab, it’s hard to just pick one stand out moment!
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
Amazing, a day to remember, personal, funny, inclusive! Every guest loved the ceremony and people are still talking about it!
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
- Ramside catering – they are based locally and we had heard great things. The food was lovely and the staff were even better – they took control of the reception and made everything run smoothly.
- Jayne at Happy Tiers – Jayne makes amazing cakes (her Instagram page is amazing) and was so great to deal with leading up to the wedding. Our cake flowers (from the florist) were unfortunately forgotten on the day, but Jayne saved the day and put together some fresh flowers for our cake and it looked perfect.
- Penny Rose Photography – Penny took photos of our legal wedding during lockdown and the photos and our experience could not have been better. Penny goes above and beyond to get the best shots and makes the whole experience so fun and relaxed. We were so excited that Penny was available for our wedding celebration, she is an outstanding photographer and such a good laugh ha!
- One Digital Image – Janet & Chris were great and were so fast at putting our video together! We received out highlights video the morning after our wedding and they captured all of the best moments of the day. We have watched it over and over.
- Jo, of course! For all the reasons above & below!
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience!
Unforgettable, Personal & so much FUN!