How we both met
We met on a night out in Tynemouth, one random Sunday night! (we both had work the next day)
The Wedding Venue
Wylam Brewery. After looking at lots of venues across the North East Wylam felt the most “us”.
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
We got legally married in 2020 during covid with less than 15 people (as the rules would allow) with no wedding dress, meal or reception – the whole thing done in 15 minutes. This was a happy bonus that meant on our actual wedding day in December 2022 we could have the most personal ceremony.
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
Honestly no! We trusted Jo and simply loved her energy. We felt so comfortable knowing it would be a great ceremony.
The best part of the ceremony for us
The speakers we included!
At first we didn’t think we wanted any readings or speakers but thankfully Jo persuaded us. Ended up being such a beautifully emotional and funny moment for everyone.
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
They loved the ‘chilled vibe’ and how personal the ceremony was – it really did set the tone for the rest of our day!
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
We loved ALL of our suppliers. Most of them all North East based so they had worked together before. They had a great rapport that gave the perfect wedding morning vibes lasting throughout the day.
- Amy Lou Photography – an old colleague recommended Amy as she had photographed her wedding and I loved the photos. Bright, beautiful and romantic.
- Top Table Films – I found Jon on Instagram and I loved his work. It was just the right balance of romance and edge for us. A videographer was something we weren’t sure we needed but I’m happy to say we were absolutely wrong and can’t wait for the full video to arrive.The little teaser he sent us after the wedding was like a movie trailer!
- Muscari – When we initially viewed Wylam Amy was setting up for a wedding and it was stunning, I knew from that second I was going to book her. Everything looked amazing on our day especially as I’d given Emma very little to work with “erm I’m not sure what I want…Can you make spring pinks into winter pinks?”
- The Costa Chic – Marta is the most sought after wedding makeup artist in the North East for a reason. I had a reminder to book her the second her diary opened months in advance. She really is a miracle worker and I absolutely loved my makeup. On the day she was so helpful, it was like having an extra bridesmaid!
- Hair by Hannah Taylor – I found Hannah on Instagram and thought she is the only person who I think could tame my hair and give me the Hollywood waves I dreamed of. She was and I’m over the moon I booked her. She was completely worth driving to Sheffield for my hair trial for. Amazing.
- Si..bridal – Such lovely girls working here and they were happy to go with my multiple alterations (4 years is a long time to ponder a wedding dress)
- Alexandra Bespoke – Alex is so talented and used to work at Wylam as the wedding coordinator so I knew she would get the vibe I was going for.
- Wylam Brewery – All the staff at our venue were amazing. Nothing was too much trouble and our guests commented on how nice and cheery the staff were. Lauren was our wedding coordinator and was just what I needed, someone lovely, personable, diligent and chilled.
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience!
Innovative, Unique, Encouraging!