How we both met
We met at work! We started our job on the same day, were assigned to the same team and then got sat right next to each other like it was meant to be! We quickly built a really strong friendship which later blossomed into something more.
The Wedding Venue
Our wedding was at Wylam Brewery in the very heart of Newcastle. We loved the relaxed industrial style and the beautiful setting in the park by the lake.
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
Having postponed our original wedding due to the pandemic, we legally married earlier in the year as it was important to us to tie the knot. We still wanted to have a beautiful ceremony for our friends and family to witness and we knew a celebrant would be a good choice for us.
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
At first, we weren’t entirely sure what our ceremony could look like having only really attended registrar ceremonies before. A quick chat with Jo assured us that it would be unique, memorable and very us.
The best part of the ceremony for us
The best part of our ceremony was how relaxed it was. Our guests had drinks in hand, laughed and smiled whilst Jo told our love story and we even got to cheers to a toast made by one of our friends! Now you wouldn’t get that in a registrar ceremony!
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
Our guests haven’t stopped talking about how different and beautiful our ceremony was. Many have told us that it has inspired them for their own future weddings. The ‘sip and save’ drinks during the ceremony was especially a big hit!
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
We were so lucky as ALL of our wedding suppliers were simply amazing.
- My lovely hair and makeup artists, Bridal Hair by Cheryl
- Josephine Birkett MUA set me up for the perfect day by helping me and my bridal party to look and feel amazing.
- Canny Campers made sure we arrived at our venue in style.
- Muscari Events made all my styling dreams come true with the most beautiful florals.
- Our evening reception was incredible as we danced away to our epic band Warning Tones.
- Had lots of laughs making GIFS in our photo booth by Studio Social North.
- Having our faces painted by the Very talented Vicky from Not Just a Pretty Facepaint.
- Special mentions of course go to our amazing celebrant Jo who gave us a ceremony we’ll never forget and our photographers Chocolate Chip who never fail to amaze us with their ability to capture our memories so perfectly.
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience?
Unique, Beautiful and Unforgettable