How we both met
We met online almost 6 years ago and hit it off quickly!
The Wedding Venue
The Vermont Hotel in Newcastle – beautiful venue. It felt like anything I needed wasn’t too much trouble and they were very accommodating.
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
We aren’t religious, and we wanted the day to be about our love and commitment, and Jo nailed that on the head!
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
Only had ideas about how we wanted it to look. Jo helped us design the perfect ceremony that completely fitted us as a couple.
The best part of the ceremony for us
The unity candle. Our guests have all said it was a beautiful touch and so different!
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
Everyone loved the emotions they felt, from laughter to tears. They loved the fact it was different and not just reading from a non-tailored sheet. The ceremony made them feel like it was about us, not just for the piece of paper.
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
- Vanilla Teas – Cake, flowers and decorations. Her cake designs drew us in but all the decorations she had were beautiful and she was willing to work with our ideas and made them come to life.
- Emily Emmett Make-Up – She is so lovely, came up with a makeup style that made me feel beautiful and not too much but which also made us all feel at ease.
- ALK Hair Design – I have been going to Chloe for years for my hair, she knows my style perfectly and I couldn’t have had anyone else doing my hair apart from her!
- Eye of the Tyne Photography – If you’re looking for a photographer, I would go no further! He took some great staged pictures but also some amazing shots of the day itself with laughter. He was fantastic, kind and came up with amazing ideas for pictures!
- Butterfly Bridal – I bought my dress during lockdown online, and they sent it so quickly and it was just perfect! When messaging them they helped me make sure the dress was perfect for me!
- Moss Bros Rental – Getting the suits were so easy, measuring was perfect. Also – one of our groomsmen has autism and was wary about the whole experience, but they did everything to make sure he was comfortable, they even let him come in on a Sunday early when no-one was around so he didn’t feel overwhelmed!
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience?
Best. Choice. Ever!