How we both met
After living in the same neighbourhood for most of our lives and having never previously met, we eventually crossed paths in a bar in our home town one night when Kevin bought me a water!
The Wedding Venue
The wonderful Wylam Brewery
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
Neither of us wanted a traditional wedding. We wanted something more relaxed and tailored to us.
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
We knew the type of ceremony that we didn’t want and Jo helped us shape the rest.
The best part of the ceremony for us
Jo encouraged us to write our own vows after meeting us and listening to our story. And we are both so glad that we did! Including our dog was also really important to us and Jo was delighted to accommodate our ideas.
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
There were lots of tears but mostly laughter from our guests during the ceremony. They still joke about our vows months after and comment on how relaxed and unique the ceremony was.
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
- Petals and Powder – Victoria Forshaw shared her skills and guidance for me to apply my own makeup on our wedding day. A unique and nourishing experience. Highly recommended!
Hayley Crone Photo – Couldn’t recommend a better photographer than Hayley. She totally nailed it!
- Gee Kent Ho – Styled my hair perfectly on the day as he does all year round in the salon.
- Flowers with Fleur – Amy smashed our wedding flowers out of the park!
- Fire at The Disco – Kirsten and Emily made our day and brought the party (and glitter) to us! Their energy and fun was exactly what we needed to create an evening like no other.
- And of course… Love Jo Ceremonies
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience?
Wholesome, Enriching, Unforgettable