How we both met
We met in a house share in Gosforth that be both lived in. Simon had moved out to Chester with work by the time Beth moved in. He used to visit Nick, his best man, most weekends.
The Wedding Venue
Runa Farm, in Barnard Castle. We took a risk by booking a venue that wasn’t built but it absolutely paid off!
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
Beth had originally wanted the traditional church wedding but when we started planning, we decided that we wanted something much more personal, much more ‘us’.
We had a look at some of Jo’s work and ceremonies on Instagram after the wedding Apartment Group recommended her and absolutely fell in love and knew, the second Beth spoke to Jo, that she had to marry us. Neither of us realised how AMAZING the ceremony would end up being.
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
Absolutely not! We knew that Jo would give us a magical ceremony, but she went absolutely above and beyond and exceeded all expectations.
It’s a cliche but it really was the best day of our lives and that’s partly due to Jo. She really got to know us personally and created a ceremony we could have only dreamt of- it was perfect!
The best part of the ceremony for us
The whole thing! We absolutely loved Jo’s idea of having loved ones speak, giving their own stories of us, it was so personal. Having our fur baby, Arthur, as a not so quiet guest was just perfect.
Jo knew how important it was for Beth to include her mum and dad, who are, sadly, no longer with us, and Jo went out of her way to make sure they were a massive part of the ceremony. Jo contacted us regularly, giving us different ideas to include them, as well as writing the most beautiful piece about them. We couldn’t have asked for more, it was so special.
Having Jo there was just wonderful- having someone carry the ceremony who really understood us and believed in us as much as everyone else in the room is something we won’t forget. It really made our day.
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
Our guests absolutely LOVED our ceremony. Simon’s brother commented that it was just like our own story. Everybody said how different it was and how lovely it was to hear things about us they didn’t already know.
So many people told us it’s the best wedding they’ve ever been to- full of emotion but with a real party vibe!
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
All of our suppliers were honestly incredible, we can’t pick a favourite. Every one of them helped us crate the day of our dreams and so many people commented on how wonderful they were:
- Elaine Slipper for Sean Elliott photography- Elaine was incredible and captured the most amazing natural, candid photos. She was a joy to have around and really helpful- even helping to get me sorted in my dress!
- One Digital Image- Chris and Janet were just wonderful. From the second they arrived they seemed so excited which was lovely and they made us feel so comfortable throughout. They were also really helpful- I really appreciated Janet and Elaine helping me with my dress and get sorted to move to the ceremony space. Our highlights video is perfect.
- Gemma Mullarkey for Amari- An absolute genius! Gemma is incredible at what she does- made me feel like a real princess, as well as the bridesmaids, and was a pleasure to have there in the morning while getting ready.
- Anna McClen MUA- Anna is absolutely amazing and so lovely. I knew, before I was even engaged, if I ever did get married I would want Anna to do my make up and she did not disappoint. I felt incredible and nothing was too much trouble at any point. We all really enjoyed Anna being there in the morning.
- Urszula makeupbyurszula- We had two MUAs to help with the number of bridesmaids and Urszula was amazing! She’s so lovely and the girls looked just stunning. Urszula was really helpful throughout.
- Master Cake Smith- Dawn Oh my! The cake! The best cake ever and Dawn is the loveliest person! We didn’t really have much of an idea of what we wanted but Dawn was incredible getting to know us and made the most delicious cake ever!
- The Wilde, Kirsty- We can’t speak highly enough about Kirsty and her flowers. They were stunning. When we both looked into the wedding breakfast room we were blown away! Kirsty was amazing at getting to know what we wanted and delivered the dream.
- VIP for all your special occasions- Vera was fantastic and provided the LED candles for the ceremony and the fairy lights over the window- really helping to create the whimsical, festive vibe we wanted.
- No1 singing waiters- Just amazing! Everyone got involved and commented how fantastic it was! They really got the party started and one of the highlights of the day.
- Abi Alton- Being sung down the aisle was so special and something we’ll always remember. Abi is so talented, lovely, helpful and was open to all ideas.
- Loved by Lucy- Rachael made us the most gorgeous signs with not much time and was so patient and lovely, especially when we had to change things. A lovely recommend by Jo.
- The Mobile Portrait Booth- Nikki R This went down a complete storm! We’ve never seen a Photo Booth where you look so good! The proof was in the constant queue and the full- to- the- brim guestbook. Nikki and her partner were an absolute delight to have at the wedding.
- AMV- DJ AMV were brilliant throughout, helping with all our questions and the DJ was lovely, playing songs to really keep the party going.
- Sisters of Grace- I can’t sing the girls’ praises enough. Dress shopping with them was just incredible and they found me the dress and headpiece of my dreams.
- Diva Designs- Anne was so helpful, it was lovely going for fittings. Anne made my dress fit to perfection and added my feathers- making my dream dress my dream gown.
- Master Debonair- They were really helpful when choosing the perfect suits and made it a lovely occasion.
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience!
Unique, Magical and Outstanding…
Anybody planning a wedding, book Jo!! You won’t regret it and will have an unforgettable, sensational ceremony!