How we both met
Ash and Gail met Twenty years ago at Mares Close Farm…
Gail and her friend Sarah moved their horses to Mares Close Farm where Ash shared a pony with his mam.
But it wasn’t until 2009 that we became a couple, when Ash was home on leave from the RAF. It took him until 2018 to propose.
The Wedding Venue
Our wedding was held at Shotton Grange, Blagdon, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
Due to Covid 19 our wedding was postponed from November 2020 to October 2021. However, we decided to have a very small legal ceremony late October 2020 just before the 2nd lockdown took place. This small ceremony took place at the original venue but it was incredibly short, approx. 10mins. The staff at venue knew we had postponed our big weekend of celebrations and advised us to try a celebrant to make it more personal. We had never heard of celebrants before this.
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
The ceremony in 2021 was just as we had imagined it would be and it was as if it was meant to be. A very personal ceremony that told our story, we could have readings included that the registrars said were not allowed. We added extra details which we would never have thought of if it hadn’t been for Jo, like the Harmony Glass ceremony. We are now just waiting for our bespoke piece of glass art to be completed as a reminder of our perfect day.
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
All our guests commented on how the ceremony fitted with our individual and joined personalities. They laughed and cried, they joined in and everybody had a great time. Even the dad’s got emotional.
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
- Our photographer was Nick Georgiou, who is just amazing and such fun to work with.
- Sandy from The Cake Garden in Ellington created a masterpiece that was simply divine.
- Janet from Cornflower Blue florists in Whitley Bay managed to match the flowers perfectly with the colour scheme ( twice as she made a mini boquet for the smaller ceremony too ).
- Dytham Jewellers in Monkseaton created not only the wedding rings but secretly designed Gails engagement ring with Ash using some of her other jewellery as inspiration.
- Wendy and Helen from Simply Bridal in Monkseaton somehow managed to pull off 2 show stopping dresses for Gail and the 3 bridesmaid dresses. The bridal dress for the 2020 ceremony was chosen and altered within a week and done by Wendys amazing memory after fittings for the original dress.
- Graham Don and his Wife (friends of ours) provided our guests with some amazing music while they took their seats and Graham played for the entrance of the bridesmaids and Gail, and during the Glass ceremony.
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience?
Perfect, Personal and Professional