How we both met
We met on a dating app, when Amy P liked Amy A’s picture. Later on in our relationship Amy A admitted she nearly didn’t reply because she thought the same name thing was weird!
The Wedding Venue
Wylam Brewery! We love it for its laid back, party vibe as well as the best beers in the North East! We love socialising here and going for Sunday lunch. We knew for sure it was the venue for us when we went for a look around with the wedding coordinator and notice the pillars all say Anderson’s of Gateshead our married name and its where Amy A grew up.
Why we chose to have a celebrant wedding ceremony
We were getting frustrated when trying to get in touch with the registrars when Wylam Brewery suggested thinking about a celebrant. As soon as we looked into it we knew it was the right thing for us, allowing us to have a much more personal ceremony with someone we had gotten to know delivering, rather than whatever stranger may show up on the day.
Ideas about what our ceremony could have looked like
We wanted to keep the traditional essences of a wedding ceremony like witnesses and exchanging rings but to make it more personal, funny and enjoyable for us and our guests. We had no idea how this would look ourselves, but Jo made the whole process easy and produced a beautiful ceremony that had everyone laughing, crying and cheering throughout.
The best part of the ceremony for us
We had a cheers and a drink at the end of the ceremony, it was such a fun and personal touch that had everyone laughing and was the best sip of alcohol we have both ever had!
What our guests said about our wedding ceremony/day
Every single person that we spoke to after the ceremony said that it was the best ceremony they had ever heard. So many people talked to us about things that were in our ceremony as they had heard part of our love story that they did not already know, which was so lovely. There were so many people said to us when they left, that ours was the best wedding they had ever been to and Jo definitely needs to take a good portion of credit for that!
Some of our fav wedding suppliers and why we chose them
- Nick Georgiou Photography – Recommended by one of our bridesmaids, we were immediately struck by just how lovely and wonderful a person Nick is as well as how beautiful his photos are. He could not have been more perfect on the day, many of our guests commented on how well he slotted in to the wedding, almost like he was a guest, and the resulting photos are just perfect.
- Stark Films – We found online and were really pleased at the idea of having two videographers to capture everything. On the day they were so good at capturing everything, with us barely knowing that they were there and worked so well with Nick our photographer.
- Cakesbymamma – Deb our cake maker is Amy A’s cousin so we knew from the start she would be making our cake because as well as being so talented at making beautiful cakes they are also the most delicious cakes you can imagine – we particularly recommend the chocolate orange flavour!
- Kimberley Heron – Amy P used to work with Kim so knew she would be great for our wedding, she has such a beautiful voice and kept our guests well entertained throughout the daytime. She even made a point of singing the songs that we had requested as our favourites whenever she saw us nearby which was so thoughtful!
- Low Fell Hire Company – Also recommended by one of our bridesmaids, we wanted a lovely backdrop to the end of the aisle and the mesh hexagon was perfect, really good service and made the process easy.
- Dressmaking by Kaylean – We both bought our dresses from Wed2be and our bridesmaids dresses online and Kaylean did all the alterations, she is such a wonderful person and given that we are both so clueless on dresses she made the whole process so much easier on us.
- Lisa Jones Hair and MUA – Lisa did our make up for a friend’s wedding several years ago so we got in touch and were attracted by having one person do both hair and make up. All together we had 11 people having hair done and 5 make-up and Lisa did them all beautifully. The morning was stress free with her around and everyone looked lovely.
Three words that sum up our ‘Love Jo’ experience!
Personal, Emotional, Perfect!